We know it has been a while since you heard from Vision Street Research. We have been quietly reflecting, assessing, and strategizing for the future growth of our business. Our leader CEO, Erika Hill, who prides herself on being a lifelong learner, has been busy investing in herself professionally and participating in business development activities. For example, she recently received her certificate of completion from Cornell University’s Institute of Women’s Entrepreneurship and completed Master Strategist Renee Flagler’s Strategy Accelerator, both of which have contributed to a solid business growth strategy. Ms. Hill is passionate about using her voice and market research, marketing, community engagement expertise to make a positive impact on communities, especially in the area of workforce development, youth entrepreneurship and career pathways and MWBE growth. To that end, she has recently done the following:
- Been appointed to the advisory committee for the New York Association of Training and Employment Professionals (NYATEP)
- Joined AHRC Nassau Employment Services Board Committee
- Served on a judge panel for HerRise Pitchfest,where one New York based Black Women Owned Business was awarded 5K and another one received 1K
- Served as a panelist for Girls Inc. of Long Island as part of their Career Panel Series
- Served as a judge for the Virtual Enterprise (VE) 2022 Youth Business Summit National Marketing Competition
- Aided a non-profit in their recruiting efforts to find diverse and qualified professionals for vacant roles
Vision Street Research is a Minority Woman Owned Business that has its sights set on strategic and impactful growth. It has been leveraging their networks, such as the U.S. Coalition of Black Women Businesses and Baldwin Chamber of Commerce to expand their reach and contributions to small businesses and residents in the surrounding communities. During the first quarter alone, they have collaborated with for profit and non-profit organizations on state and local submissions for RFPs where our project management, market research and data analysis/outcome measurement services were leveraged. Our leader and organization have kept the same goal in mind; creating access and opportunity for underserved communities and improving economic mobility for residents of those communities.